This basic vinaigrette can be used as a dressing or a nice marinade. Use our flavor infused Cassata Sonoma Olive Oils to try variations of this recipe. Be creative!
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 T sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
This basic marinade uses our Cassata Sonoma olive oils. You can use our flavored oils and add herbs to change the taste or customize it for meat, fish or vegetable dishes.
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- Fresh ground pepper to taste.
Using Infused Olive Oil will significantly enhance flavor. Be creative. For more information, read our cooking techniques section.
Per each pound of grilling steak:
- 1 T fresh thyme
- ½ T black pepper, coarse ground
- 1 clove fresh garlic, finely grated
- 2 T wine vinegar, white
- 4 T EVOO (preferably Rosemary-Basil)
- 1½T butter, melted
- ½ lemon
- salt to taste
In a bowl or jar, mix thyme, pepper, garlic, vinegar and olive oil thoroughly.
Add mixture to thawed steaks with basting brush, covering all surfaces.
Wrap steaks tightly in plastic wrap.
Let steaks sit for 2 hours at room temperature or for 4 hours in refrigerator. Rub steaks through the plastic wrap every 30 minutes.
Grill steaks at 400˚F. For medium rare, 1 1/2”, room temperature steaks: grill 5 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other side. Only turn steaks once and do not puncture the surface of the meat.
After steaks have been turned, squeeze the lemon to cover the surface of the meat.
Once the steaks are removed from the grill, add butter with basting brush to surface.
Salt to taste.
Note: Always let steaks set for 5 minutes before serving.